CRZ Yoga Hoodie – Review and Comparison to Lululemon Scuba Hoodie
Looking for a cheaper alternative for the Lululemon Scuba oversized half-zip hoodie? I found one!
The original review here is about a CRZ jacket that closely resembled the original Scuba hoodie from Lululemon. But since publishing, the Scuba half-zip from Lululemon has become very popular. Like many of you, I’ve been waiting for other brands to make an inexpensive “inspired by” version. I can’t wait to give this one a try.
It’s the LASLULU Fleece Lined 1/2 Zipper Sweatshirt on Amazon.
Looks pretty similar, huh? Similar seams, thumbholes, the oversized slightly cropped fit. I’ve seen the price fluctuate from 30-36 dollars, so it’s quite a steal compared to the Lululemon hoodie.
It comes in a few colors. Black:
I’ll update (hopefuly soon) will a full review. In the meantime, here’s the original post, comparing the CRZ Yoga hoodie with the original Lululemon Scuba hoodie.
CRZ Yoga Cotton Hoodie – Similar to Lululemon Scuba Hoodie
CRZ Yoga is a popular activewear brand available on Amazon.
The CRZ Cotton Hooded Jacket is a very high quality piece that is similar in style to the classic Lululemon Scuba hoodie. However there some key differences that I’ll describe in detail below.
- This piece is very well made!
- The hoodie is mid weight (not thin like a t-shirt but also not thick like a jacket).
- The stitching is even and consistent with no loose threads that I can find.
- The zipper feels sturdy and heavy duty.
- The shape and style are flattering.
- The interior is not fleece-lined.
- The fabric content of the CRZ: 88% Cotton, 12% Polyester
- The fabric content of the Lululemon: 70% Cotton, 30% Polyester
- Mid-weight cottony fabric
- Slim and fitted through the body
- Long sleeves with thumbholes
- Large, structured hood
- Large collar
- Heavy-duty zipper that feels sturdy and high-quality
- Side hand pockets and hidden media pocket
- Ribbed panels on the side
- The biggest difference is the material. Though the CRZ hoodie feels very high quality, it is still quite different.
- The CRZ Yoga hoodie has drawstring for the hood, whereas the Lululemon one does not.
- The Lululemon hoodie (specifically the one labeled “Light Cotton Fleece” on the Lulu website) is softer on the inside, with a very thin fleece lining, whereas the CRZ hoodie has a French terry interior with no fleece. You can see the fleece lining in the photos below.
- The CRZ hoodie has a subtle texture to the exterior fabric. This is visible in the photo below of the olive green hoodie that I tested.
- The CRZ hoodie fabric is slightly more slick on the exterior.
- The Lululemon hoodie has a stiffer collar and hood.
- The CRZ hoodie in small is between a size 4-6 in Lululemon Scuba hoodie.
- The CRZ hoodie in medium is between a size 8-10 in Lululemon Scuba hoodie.
- The CRZ hoodie has a nice, heavy weight to it, and the seams seem to be high quality.
Is it worth it? Should you considering buying the CRZ Yoga hoodie?
I vote yes. It is a high-quality piece with great style and design. And although I still shop at Lululemon, I also love to find a great deal on a similar product, so I can shop the look for less!
Here’s some of the main reasons you might consider a similar product.
- Save money. Sometimes you can find items that have a similar look or style, but cost less.
- There are certain occasions when you want the Lulu look, but you don’t want to damage your actual Lulu items.
- You may want more colors or style options.
- Lulu items are often sold out in certain sizes, and many colors are only offered for a limited run.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.